Let's see, what happened since July 2010?
- The Cordoba Mosque at Ground Zero is still an issue. I've already posted on that.
- Many primaries happened. Some surprising and gratifying upsets of establishment incumbents by Tea Party favorites. However, primaries aren't elections. I'll be truly ecstatic when they win on November 2nd. Looking forward to that.
- Multiple pollsters have recorded generic ballots and opinion polls swinging more and more toward Republican gains in both Houses, with it becoming increasingly possible for a Senate takeover as well as the likely GOP takeover of the House of Representatives. Excellent.
- Economy is going nowhere. Obama's "Summer Recovery" was a non-success, predictably.
- The health care reform law is being shown to adversely affect health care prices, spending, and availability. Again, ditto on the "duh".
- Glenn Beck held his "Restoring Honor" rally on the National Mall on 8/28/10. It drew a huge crowd and it was likened to more of a church picnic than a political rally. Sarah Palin attended as well, and gave a speech. Now, Glenn and Sarah are headed up to Alaska to do something special there for 9/11/10. Good for the both of them. I hope it goes well, whatever it may be.
- The Obama administration continues to embarrass us on the national stage. As part of their campaign against Arizona's immigration law, the State Department listed the Arizona law as an example of "human rights abuses" that America needs to work on in a report to the United Nations. The same U.N. that has such paragons of human rights as China, Cuba, Iran, and others? Yep. Oh, the idiocy...
- The Obama administration has led this nation to record levels of debt, officially. It shatters ever record from our nation's founding to now. Yay!
- Bush's tax cuts are back on the table, with Democrats pushing not to extend them, or at least to only extend them for the lower and middle class. Right, because rich people don't deserve their money as much as poor people do or something. I don't know.
- Final note: Reagan movie in 2011? The only question is this: will Hollywood go with their love of money or their hate of the Gipper when they make this movie? We'll have to find out.